Thursday 15 November 2012

Day 13: Does Mom's Cooking Makes You Fat?

This is what my dinner for today look like. Sorry for not uploading the actual photo because the picture just do not want to upload onto the internet. Today I had the super sinful but super tasty nasi lemak that my mom cooked. I bet some of us will have this problem when dieting especially when mom cooks because it is not nice to reject the food that your mom cooks. Judging by my mom, I assume that everyone's mom will be like 多吃 多吃 (eat more) every time she cooks. How to diet like this? This is especially so for me since I will eat my mom's dinner almost every night since she is a housewife. This is where I have to think of ways to reduce my calories using creative ways. 
  1. Reduce rice intake. For some nights, I do not eat rice at all and of course, mom will nag. But since there are so much other dishes, you will definitely be full with just the dishes.
  2. Psycho your mom. Educate or nag your mom and say some things are not so healthy so must eat less. In this way, not only it can help your dieting, it can keep your family healthy too.
  3. Ask mom for dinner menu and adjust your calorie intake in the morning. If you know that you are going to have a big meal in the evening, reduce your calorie intake by taking in more vegetables and fruits to have the "full" feeling to last you throughout the day. DO NOT skip meals. Skipping meals will cost you to go to starvation mode and thus metabolism will be reduced. So DO NOT skip meals. 
  4. Cook for the family. Since you are cooking, you can control the ingredients that are going to be in the food. And therefore, you can make the meals healthier. 
Such a sinful dinner tonight. I better do some exercises now.

Bye!
|ser|

No comments:

Post a Comment