Tuesday 6 November 2012

Day 4: Breakfast

http://greenbabyguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/easy-oatmeal-for-a-cheap-breakfast2.jpg
BREAKFAST!! My favorite and the most important meal of the day! The picture above (taken from internet) is an example of how my typical breakfast will look like. Breakfast is very important as it is the energy that you ingest to kick start your day. Without breakfast, the body may go into "starvation mode" and the next time food enters your system, the food get stored as fats. The body gets an impression that it may go into starvation and thus it stores the food as fats for future uses. Therefore, breakfast is a MUST!

My Favorite Breakfast Choices

  1. Oatmeal with soymilk (with or without fruits)

    I love this combination a lot. I usually cook my oatmeal with Nutrisoy Reduced Sugar Soymilk and it gives a amazing taste together with so much health benefits. Since the soymilk is slightly sweetened, there is no need to add any extra sugar and sometimes I add apple or banana to add more texture and natural sweetness to the oatmeal. People who have some acne problem can try eating oatmeal for breakfast as it contains a high amount of Vitamin B which is useful for skin renewal. Since oatmeal is rather bland, there are many combinations that you can make your oatmeal breakfast interesting. Try this and you will love it for sure.
  2. Cereal with soymilk

    My go to cereal is Post Great Grains Crunchy Pecans Cereal. This cereal is make of wholemeal grains with lesser amount of sugar used as compared to some other commercial brands. Also, I love the pecans that adds crunch to the cereal. And together with the soymilk, it is so delicioius and filling.
  3. Wholemeal bread with cheese/peanut butter/egg with soymilk

    This is probably the breakfast that I eat most of the time as it is easy and super fast to make. You will just need 2 pieces of bread and the condiment of your choice. As you can already tell, I love soymilk. I drink soymilk to take in my everyday calcium requirements instead of cow's milk. This chance is after I read an article saying that the hormones present in the milk may cause hormone imbalance in our body and thus lead to bad skin. Thus, I switched from cow's milk to soymilk and now my skin is actually looking better. 
So the above are my favorite breakfast choices. What are yours? Do share your breakfast in the comments.

Until next time. Bye!
|ser|

No comments:

Post a Comment