Wednesday 18 December 2013

Movie review [The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013) Poster
Just watched this movie in JEM's Cathay movie theater. Surprisingly, the theater is only 1/4 filled judging by the fact that this movie tops the box office in Singapore in its first week just last week. 

The action scenes and pictures are still as good and impressive as the first movie. However, I still do not understand why this book requires to have 3 movies when Lord of the Ring has only 1 movie per book. Furthermore, the last movie for The Hobbit has very little content judging by how it ends in this second movie. There are obviously no surprises in there if you have read the book but since I have not read the book in a while, this movie serves as a memory refresher for me. There is a slight weird romance in this movie as well which I think can be omitted and I find that the first movie is better then this as it seems to be moving too slowly. Anyway, this is just my own thought about it. Probably you have a different opinion with regards to it. 

Ratings: 3/5 stars
Rewatch factor: Probably I will catch all 3 movies again when the last movie is release but I will not watch it on its own. 

One thing that I am happy today:
THE HOBBIT MOVIE WITH DAD AND SIS

|ser|

No comments:

Post a Comment