Monday 23 December 2013

Self-control

Lately, I realized that I am lacking in self-control over myself. I think I have already stop controlling myself since last year after graduation. I do not control things that I put into my body. I do not control things that I have in my mind. I do not control how I am living my life in general. I need to get my self-control back and I shall start now. Who says that New Year Resolution have to start on 1st January? It can happen anywhere anytime. 

First, controlling things that I put into my body. I have been binge eating on and off since mid last year like I will eat peanut butter out of the container at 9pm while watching dramas on my computer even though I know I am already full and too much sweet things causes me to have gas. So to bring back my self-control and also my weight (I did increase quite a substantial amount since last year), I am going to eat 3 meals a day with no snacks in between. I am going to start out slow since is the Christmas season now and the next month is Chinese New Year. There are bound to be some gatherings that I cannot skip. Also, I need to drink more water to flush out the toxins in my body and to boost my hydration level. I believe the first week may be tough as this habit to snack may take a toll on my mental mind but I will complete it!!

Second, exercise. I just recently bought over a yoga membership from a friend and I will aim to go for yoga three times a week, together with Puma run and a long distance once a week and hopefully zumba too. Therefore, in total, I will be working out 6 out of 7 days which should be manageable for me as I am already hitting about 3 days a week now. On days that I cannot manage to workout, be it because of weather, work or gatherings, I will do squats and planks at home. Hopefully, this training can help me increase my endurance and stamina for my goal to do a half-marathon next year. 

Third, I need to start planning for things that I want to complete. I want to go hiking for the longest time and I have not started on doing. I want to go for backpacking solo trip. I want to learn diving. I need to get notice in my job. I want to do things that are important in my job which currently I am feeling rather useless now. 

Ok, I have finished ranting now. I will definitely start on the first two right away and I shall see if there is any results in one week time. JIAYOU!

|ser|

No comments:

Post a Comment