Friday 6 December 2013

Toastmaster

I was invited to the Clementi CC Toastmaster by my friends. Before this, I was actually very scared to go to this kind if events as I have a fear of public speaking. But since Toastmaster is suppose to be platform to improve on communication skills, I see no lost in attending it. Therefore, I went to their meeting tonight.

It was Clementi CC first meeting after a very long hibernation aw what the club president mentioned. We were first told to introduce ourselves and share what a new beginning to us is. Afterwards, there was a presentation of prepared speeches by 4 speakers, in which, one of them is my friend. I find the speeches very interesting and engaging. Each speaker has an evaluator which will evaluate on their performance and tell the speakers their good and bad of their speeches. Some if their conments are very insightful and I would not have notice if they did not mention them. This is where I actually learn that there are a lot of methods to engage and persuade your audience.

They are suppose to conduct Table Top but due to time constraint, they decided to give it a miss. To my understanding from my friends, Table Top enables one to do fast thinking. Topics will be chosen randomly and you are given a very short time to think and then you have to give a 2min speech. This sounds exciting but too bad I did not have the chance to see it.

I shall follow my friend to the next Toastmaster meeting. Sounds exciting!!

One thing I am happy today:
ENJOYABLE TOASTMASTER. DID SOMETHING NEW. CATCHING UP WITH FRIENDS!

Ok, that is more than one thing but whatever, the more the merrier!

lserl

No comments:

Post a Comment