Tuesday 17 December 2013

Should I or Should I Not, Fitness Trainer

I have been thinking if I should be a fitness trainer since I am enjoying sports and I love to read up on nutrition as well. Although my current physique is still up to standard, I can continue to work hard to increase my muscle mass, endurance, stamina and overall fitness. But I find that it is rather difficult to become a fitness instructor in Singapore. There are hardly any classes or courses to teach you how to become one. I recently found this Basic Sports Science Course and Fitness Instructor Certification under Singapore Sports Council  (SSC) but I am not sure what I will benefit from this. 

I have always been enjoying doing sports and studying them. I think I need something that I enjoy doing now instead of just doing some meaningless work and wasting my time. Is like how I went for a jog yesterday to loosen my sore muscles. I ended up following a guy wearing a neon green shirt so as to pace myself faster then my normal speed. I went from 7min/km to about 6.3min/km which is AWESOME! My muscle ache is still around but I think I feel better after that. I shall go workout after work today too. 

Just researched the courses offered by SSC. Apparently, you will have to have the knowledge of a sport before taking this course. Although I have knowledge of a couple of sports (Netball, Touch Rugby), I do not have very good skill with those and thus will not have any confidence in teaching them. I have a done a basic course in coaching of Netball so that is why I do know that I will not be a good Netball coach. 

Thus, now I am looking for Zumba classes to attend to first before I think I would want to join as an instructor. Wish me luck!

One thing that I am happy today:
GOING TO WORKOUT TODAY!

|ser|

No comments:

Post a Comment